Friday, December 18, 2009


Lovely Movies

I went to see Julie & Julia a few days ago and it was truly lovely, better than I thought it'd be. Of course Meryl Streep is always amazing, even in movies that aren't that great. And Amy Adams is one of the what I like to call new-genaration-Meryl-Streeps. An actress who brings more to the table than just a pretty face. I first saw her in Sunshine Cleaning and after that I was determined to watch more of her movies.


Even though I expected it to be a good movie, I would never have guessed that it was hilarious at times and that it had such a great feel good-factor, although that does decrease a little during movie.


What struck me is that both husbands were so sweet, not something you find that much in movies, nor in real life for that matter. Stanley Tucci and Chris Messina both did an excellent job at playing them as well.

Anyway it was a lovely movie and the fact that it's based on two true stories made it extra special.

Here's the trailer for you to enjoy, unless you've seen it already, of course:

2 comments:

  1. oh i wanted to see that movie !!!
    i ADORE amy adams and meryl streep !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this yet, it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...