Sunday, February 28, 2010


Feel Good Food

It's been a while since I've done a food topic. And I haven't even tried the dried fruit in the first picture, but it looks awesome. It's probably more sugar than fruit and I hope it tastes ok, since it was a gift.


I went to a birthday today and came back totally exhausted, but it was fun while it lasted. It was actually my Etsy model's party. The "real gift" was a pair of earrings, drop-shaped and made of opalite, onyx and silver, I figured it would look great on her. As you probably know she has pale skin and very dark hair. The earrings were also light, with a rainbow-y glow, and dark because of the onyx.


I love giftwrapping and I usually make sure all the packages match, but today I only had one. It was also really small so it wasn't easy to go wild on it. But it looks pretty cute, I used my new gift wrapping paper, made a bow of yellow paper and put an adorable aluminum rose on it.

This morning I had the cutest and tiniest and maybe even best cupcake/muffin I had ever had in my life. It had so much flavor and such a soft filling. I know it's not the best picture I put on here, it looks best at this size, but I wanted to show you how tiny it was as well as a glimpse of my nailpolish experiment. It looks way better in real life, but you can get the idea. It's two layers of yellow, two layers of translucent blue and a topcoat. That combined makes this mint green, gold, blueish shimmer look. I came up with the idea a while ago but only tried it yesterday.

Do you "mix" nailpolish too? Any other combos I should try? What's also really pretty is black with translucent blue over it, it looks like shimmery dark teal, I'll show you some time.

4 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look adorable. I have mixed nail polish before..It chips quicker.. Try mixing with two of the same brand of nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dried fruit looks good! I'm a huge fan of dried fruit despite it's sugar content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gift wrapping is fun. packaging sales from the shop is time consuming, but so much fun! i love the colors of your new wrapper. so lively, so spring!

    nail polish recipes? pls. keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never mixed nail polishes! now i feel so boring! actually i just got a manicure and my nails are a bright almost fluorescent pink. love it!
    xox alison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...