Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Project of Mine

Over the past year I made quite a few things I never got round to showing you, including these little books I made for two friends of mine. It was some time ago and you can definitely tell I didn't take pictures with a DSLR yet, but I did like the outcome so here it goes:

This one was for a friend who went to France for a couple of months. I figured that during her stay she'd like to keep some sort of a journal and I was really into making notebook(cover)s then. I decided to go with macarons, because they're French of course and really cute and delicious:)


Inside I embroidered a little message to wish her a nice trip. I didn't see her before she left so I had to send it to her, it took ages to get there(French post isn't exactly organized and on time), but Thankfully it made it there just before she went home again.


And this is a tiny journal/sketchbook for a very dear friend of mine. You can definitely tell what colors of felt I was really into back then. Funny how these two are the exact opposites, right? I never noticed until now.


Seeing these books really makes me want to start making stuff like this again. I quit because it was quite a tough and precise project, but it was fun too. I still have a bunch of moleskine covers in my shop if you're interested, and as you can see, I can make them with other stuff too, not just owls and moustaches.
Next time I make one I'll try to post it a lot, lot sooner though.

6 comments:

  1. I love the embroidery on the one. Also that mushroom one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those are adorable! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww!! I think your friends are luck to have received SUCH LOVELY presents!! You are so talented! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are super cute- I love the exposed stitching!

    thanks so much for your thoughtful comments! and I just noticed that you put up my blog button- thank you, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...