Monday, February 13, 2012

Marvelous Music: Mark Ronson

It seems Mark Ronson is mostly known for Valerie, which he did with Amy Winehouse. But he's done so many more songs and produced even more albums.


Bang Bang Bang is a song I just can't get enough of. In fact I don't think I can even play this song just once. I can't help but push that repeat button.


If, like me, you used to be an avid watcher of the OC, you will definitely recognize this next band.


I feel like a lot of music these days has been overproduced. Now, I can not claim that Mark Ronson's music is anywhere near acoustic, but it's so good and instead of covering a lack of talent up by a whole lot of load noises, he helps the artists make a balanced song with amazing beats that just helps them reveal their talent. And you can hear influences from various types of older music, yet it always sounds very innovative.

Also, if you are into Michael Jackson(aren't we all?) and can appreciate some rap every now and then, you might want to check out the album Mark Ronson did with Rhymefest, called Man in the Mirror.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I never knew Ronson worked with Phantom Planet! Haha I used to LOVE the OC! I am pretty sure I would happily watch re-runs actually ;) I could never decide if I liked Ryan or Seth more teehee

    Btw us nail polish addicts got to stick together in these times of self-control ;) I totally get what you mean about enjoying the colours you have :) Green is such a unique colour, but it is one of those colours that you have to be really picky about to find the shade that suits you the most! Did you manage to find one?

    Thank you for your lovely message. I am still trying my best to be courageous, just trying for things and going for what I can even though it might not work not. What's life without risks eh?

    Hope all is well with you and you are having a lovely February! <3

    Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the singer from Phantom Planet looks so different! I used to watch California by them when running on the treadmill (I have a list of favorite videos to boost me to run, hehe), and then one day, when I left the garage, I hear a boy singling, "Califoooorniaaa ...", I felt a bit embarrassed and kind of stopped listening to it, haha. I thought it was time to change my playlist a little :p.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...