Friday, March 23, 2012

Lovely Movies: Stranger Than Fiction

It seems I have a lot of absolute favorite movies, but this is definitely one of them. Stranger Than Fiction is just such a special story and it has the perfect balance between being funny and somewhat heartbreaking.


Now I know Will Ferrell isn't everyone's cup of tea. He's done some bad movies, but he's done some amazing ones too. This one possibly being his best. And he is backed by an incredile cast of actors: Emma Thompson, Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Queen Latifa and they also persuaded Tom Hulce, who hadn't really done much since Amadeus.


If you have access to a dvd with extras I suggest you watch them. It has some lovely interviews as well as some original deleted scenes(as I know those are often pretty boring).

If you know of any similar movies, let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear about them!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a Will Ferrell fan, but I will check this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me interested! I'm going to try to find this one, though both places I used to rent movies have closed down. Guess that business is all moving to the internet now! I'll check on Netflix.

    Ps . Glad you're feeling better.

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen it... I may have to rent it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'd never heard of this movie. I'll ask my husband if he has seen it, he happens to like Will Ferrell; I honestly can't stand him, haha. Although I have agreed to go see his latest movie, which is in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...