Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Singapore: Books Actually

When the opportunity arose to go to Singapore, I immediately started looking things up that I might wanted to visit. Books Actually immediately made it to the very top of my list.


Take me to a bookstore and I'm a very happy girl, throw in stationary and you'll have trouble pulling me out again, raise that with some vintage and I'm suddenly very willing to put up with a twelve-and-a-half-hour plane trip.


Thankfully the actual visit was as fantastic as I imagined it to be. It was a combination of old books, awesome books and local books. I spent quite some time checking out all authors, titles and little trinkets that were scattered all over the store.


Of course I bought some things there. In fact a fair share of my birthday money was spent here.
I decided to get some local books, things I couldn't possibly find at home. And well, a Banana Yoshimoto I didn't already own.


There was also a collection of zines to choose from, I liked this one best.


And I finally got my long-awaited chance to get a Frankie Magazine!


Well, that's pretty much it for books.

But... I have lots of other things from different shopping trips to show you! Including some things that have been on my wish list for ages...

15 comments:

  1. hey there! I found your blog through Daisychaindream! I am your newest follower!!
    I love the images you've posted, they are so intricate! I love shops that look like this, almost a bit higgledy piggledy but just inviting a good rummage around!

    Much love Amie

    www.creditcrunchchic.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for books! :D
    It does look absolutely amazing in there. Jealous is not the word ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to get Frankie! They don't have it in my neck of the woods :( :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in my country either. You should check a bookstore whenever you're on vacation too. I didn't expect to find it, but I got lucky:)

      Delete
  4. Ooh I'm envious! This is my idea of absolute heaven too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I hop in your suitcase next time? It's fine, you can just leave me at that store... I'll be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat looking bookstore! :D

    And I'd love to buy Frankie magazine, but it's kind of expensive for me.

    Hope you're having a great week! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was, but it kinda was a now or never thing for me. Plus, my mom all of a sudden offered to get it for me, yay!

      Delete
  7. lovely photos! my friend have been telling me about Books Actually, but i have never been there before. now, i just wanna go down and check it out! i love frankie magazine too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely check it out when you have the chance!...and the money;)

      Delete
  8. Ohh, it looks amazing! I'll have to keep it in mind for my next Singapore trip! <3

    x
    Lost in the Haze: a Fashion Photography Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place looks amazing - how cute is that rabbit too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehe! I love BooksActually! One of my friends just started work there this week... so jealous of her job right now XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place to visit on your trip! The books you chose look interesting and the cover of the zine is so pretty :] Can't wait to see what else you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! such a cute and vintage looking bookshop! i wish i knew about it before my trip.... i should have consulted you first!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...