Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Try Pumpkin Pie + Recipe

Though pumpkin pie seems to be a pretty big deal in the US, you hardly ever hear anything about it in Europe. But due to my deep love of pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and so on, I really couldn't resist making my own lovely pie. I don't think I even baked any other proper pie before, but this was delicious!


So delicious, that I thought I'd share the recipe with you:

First up, make sure you have a base. I used my favorite sand cookie recipe and used it to make the bottom and edges of the cake.


Then make the filling:


-Beat 2 eggs.
-Add about 500ml/2 cups of pureed pumpkin to those eggs.
-Mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon, one of fresh ginger and half a teaspoon of salt.
-Add about 180ml/ 3/4 cups of honey and 3/4 cups of coconut milk.
-And finally stir in 2 tablespoons of coconut shavings.


If this has a bit of a milkshake consistency, fear not! It will come out of the oven just right.


Bake at 230*C/450*F for 15 minutes and then at 175*C/350*F for about 45. That's it!

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! I love pumpkin pie, especially with a sneaky pinch of cinnamon =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good! I love pumpkin pie especially with whipped cream :)

    xo Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thanks for sharing the recipe! This looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love pumpkin pie - this looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE pumpkin pie! I always make it during the Fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing!!!

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never ever eaten pumpkin at all, but this looks interesting and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it looks great! I absolutely love pumpin pie, pumpkin anything really! :) it always is a regular appearance at our table in the autumn months! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious! I can't imagine a place where pumpkin pie is not common! You must make it a regular! So yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...