Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mixed Shelf #27

Lately I've been wanting to make some changes. Changes in how I feel, what I do, how my apartment looks and functions, and possibly even in what I'm doing on this very blog. So today I'm focussing on some self-help books.


Wanting: The Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
This is getting a lot of hype right now. I've heard great things from people that tried and loved Marie Kondo's strategy. However, other people thought her to be a little over the top because she thanks old socks for their service before throwing them out. Anyway, it's worth the shot, right? I might pick up a copy soon, now I'm still so motivated.



Reading: The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
I've had this book on my shelf for quite some time. When I started and saw the index I could feel myself starting to dread reading some chapters. However, I'm now well on my way in the marriage-chapter and find that even as a single twenty-something, I can find some good advice too, and it's also still fun to read. So yes, great book!


Waiting: Better Each Day by Jessica Cassity
This caught my eye in a bargain bin somewhere. It has one page per day featuring a tip to make you happier and/or healthier. I just flipped it open and read that chocolate is a great way to cure injuries… so, sign me up! It probably would have been nice to start at the start of the year, but I think I'll put it in my bathroom and start today.



Have you read any similar books that you really loved or that made a great impact on your life?


1 comment:

  1. I love The Happiness Project so much. I found it life-changing. She has a new book coming out tomorrow about forming habits that I am so excited to read.

    I am currently 1/4 of the way through The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying. No opinion so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they really make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...